This blog has been discontinued 🧐 ... Keep up to date on MrWatson's new blog page 🤩
MrWatson's OLD Blog
|Posted by Russell Watson on 13 June, 2014 at 11:25|
This release of fmWorkMate has a whole bunch of new stuff including support for fm13 themes!
Here is a summary of the recent improvements:
2 brand new tools!
- fmClipboardViewer - lets you browse the contents of your clipboard
- fmTextDiff - compares two files using an online service - for those of us who don't use TextMate ;-)
fmCheckMate now supports Themes!
- 4 new XSLT Transformations let you inspect, analyse and compare your themes.
- The XSLT Chooser has been REALLY simplified:
- With XSLTs categorized into Analysis / Change / Transformation, it is MUCH easier to find and identify the transformation you need.
- The object types are now named in plain english, and the function names are clearer (instead of CamelCase).
- You can also create your own XSLT Library! (or someone you know who knows a little XSLT 1.0)
- Just create a neighboring folder called "fmChekMate.YourNamespace.com",
- add an xsl folder to it,
- copy an XSLT over from fmCheckMate and
- rename the file using the following format:
You can see the existing xslt files for examples
- modify the XSLT // good luck ;-)
- Save the XSLT file
- In fmCheckMate open the XSLT Chooser and reimport the XSLT.
- For example:
The file: ~/Documents/fmCheckMate.mrwatson.de/xsl/XMSS_Text.List_UnusedVariables.xslt
Would display as: Analyse | Scriptstep | Unused variables | mrwatson.de
fmSyntaxColorizer has had a major overhaul, is more dynamic and now has quick-switching between palettes. Enter f: to check out the function list!
And and handfull of other small improvements:
- fmTextConverter has a button to swap the Search and Replace fields
- fmPluginMate (fmp12) displays the plugin data more clearly & has clearer menus and shortcut-keys
- Simple Calculator has some new functions (UTF-conversion and (q:)oute function to convert an FM-calculation into a string)
To read about ALL the changes: please read the fmWorkMate_Changes.txt file when you download fmWorkMate
One more thing ...
All tools now have a built in online help function (at last!) - now I just have to fill out the help pages ;-)
Happy File-Making :-)
P.S. I've at last published my blog article "fmLogAnalyser - never miss another bug!" (from January) - Don't miss it!